Could the Queen’s 90th year lead to a democratically ordained monarchy? This will open the door to the following possibilities:
- Progressing the monarchy to an chosen Head of State
- Placing duty as the pinnacle of High Office
- Sustaining tradition through inclusiveness
- Every child can aspire to represent the United Kingdom
- Giving representation to a Britain diverse in culture and skills
- Strengthening links with EU and Commonwealth nations
As of Monday 18th April, my campaign for a chosen UK monarchy begins in earnest. Although the above points are individually relevent, they are part of a whole that could leave a lasting legacy today and for future generations.